Nutella lovers unite as it is once again time to celebrate the flavorful spread that has been the star breakfast item for ages. Even though there are so many ways to eat Nutella, the true fans would still sit with a tub and just dig in.
Aficionados know for sure that any sweet treat tastes its best with a Nutella smear. For an elevated dessert experience, there is nothing like throwing a dollop of Nutella into the batter–a method that has earned the stamp of approval from many top chefs.
On National Nutella Day, which falls on Feb. 5, here is a recipe that looks as perfect as it tastes, or dare we say tastes better than a spoonful of Nutella.
Braided Nutella croissant bread recipe:
- Pillsbury Original Crescents- 4 cans
- A jar of Nutella
- 1 egg white
- Open the pack of crescents and roll it on a flat surface
- Seal the pores by pinching the dough with your fingers
- Microwave Nutella to make the spreading easier. (It should be heated for 40 seconds with stirring in 20-second intervals)
- Cover the entire dough with a melted chocolate spread
- Position the dough along the landscape and width-wise. Seal the edges to make sure they are all in place
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and move the dough onto it. Leaving one centimeter at each end of the roll, cut lengthwise down to the center and completely through the other end
- Gently form a braid-like pattern out of the dough and seal by pinching the ends together
- Bake for 20-30 minutes in an oven preheated at 375ºF
- Let cool for 20 minutes and serve after sprinkling it with some powdered sugar
Here are also some quotes about Nutella that will just make your day a bit more worthwhile. (Courtesy: Quote Master)
- “My mind says Victoria’s Secret model but my heart says Nutella,” – Anonymous
- “Money can’t buy happiness but it can buy Nutella, and that’s basically the same thing.” – Anonymous
- “People are always disappointing, thank god I have Nutella” – Anonymous
- “ Nutella. I dig my spoon in and eat it straight out of the jar. I can easily go through the week.” – Reggie Lee.
Leave a Reply