International Business Weekly
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • National
  • Culture
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • National
  • Culture
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
International Business Weekly
No Result
View All Result
Home National

Russia Resumes Attacks On Ukraine After Easter Truce

April 21, 2025
in National
0
Russia Resumes Attacks On Ukraine After Easter Truce
0
SHARES
1
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Russia launched a wave of aerial attacks at Ukraine on Monday in an abrupt end to a fragile 30-hour Easter truce between the two sides.

The renewed strikes, confirmed by both Moscow and Kyiv, cast doubt on Donald Trump’s hopes for a broader ceasefire between the two sides, hours after the US President said he hoped a “deal” could be struck this week.

“With the end of the ceasefire, the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation continued to conduct the special military operation,” the Russian army said in a statement, using its term for the military offensive.

Both sides had accused the other of thousands of instances of violating the supposed ceasefire, announced by Russian President Vladimir Putin on Saturday.

Just hours after the truce ended at midnight local time (2100 GMT) Sunday, Ukrainian officials reported renewed drone and missile strikes on the Dnipropetrovsk, Mykolaiv and Kherson regions.

Sergiy Lysak, the governor of Dnipropetrovsk, said Russia “launched drones” at the eastern region.

One home was damaged and a fire broke out at a food establishment, but no injuries have been reported, he said on Telegram.

Ukraine’s air force said it downed 42 Russian attack drones in an overnight attack starting at 2:00 am on Monday (2300 GMT Sunday).

The surprise 30-hour ceasefire was declared by Putin on Saturday, who said it was motivated by “humanitarian reasons”.

Both sides accused each other of numerous violations, but also reported a fall in the intensity the fighting.

Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky said Sunday the ceasefire had seen a halt to air attacks, but accused Moscow of carrying out hundreds of front line raids.

Russia’s defence ministry in turn said it had “repelled” Ukrainian assaults and accused Kyiv of launching hundreds of drones and shells, causing civilian casualties.

But it too said the intensity of fire from the Ukrainian side had been “considerably reduced” across the entire front line during the truce.

AFP journalists in eastern Ukraine on Sunday heard fewer explosions than usual and saw no smoke on the horizon.

Putin’s ceasefire declaration came after US President Donald Trump said Friday he would end Washington’s efforts to halt the war unless the two sides moved towards an accord.

On Sunday he expressed hopes the two sides could strike an agreement in the coming days, though did not elaborate on what he had in mind.

“Hopefully Russia and Ukraine will make a deal this week,” he said on his Truth Social platform.

Trump had earlier tabled a ceasefire proposal, which was accepted by Ukraine but rebuffed by Russia.

Zelensky has repeatedly offered a full and unconditional 30-day ceasefire, which Putin rejected following a call with Trump last month.

The Ukrainian leader on Sunday proposed a more limited agreement to halt “any strikes using long-range drones and missiles on civilian infrastructure” for at least 30 days.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that Putin had not given an order to extend the truce.

Beijing on Monday said it welcomed “all efforts” towards pausing the fighting.

“China is pleased to see all efforts that lead to a ceasefire, which is a necessary step towards peace. We hope that all parties concerned will continue to resolve the crisis through dialogue and negotiations,” foreign ministry spokesman Guo Jiakun told a press conference.

Ukraine last week accused China of supplying weapons to Russia and said that at least 155 Chinese nationals had been recruiting to fight alongside Russia’s army.

Beijing denied that its citizens had been recruited en masse by Russia and urged Chinese nationals not to take part in armed conflict.

In Kyiv, residents doubted peace was on the horizon more than three years after Russia launched its full-scale invasion of Ukraine.

Volodymyr Yaroslavsky, a 39-year-old manager, said he did not “trust” any Russian promise to halt the fighting.

“The war probably won’t stop, some combat actions may stop for a while. But I don’t think the war will end so quickly,” he told AFP on Sunday after an Easter service.

In Moscow there were also hopes for an end to the fighting, though little desire to make concessions to Kyiv to bring about peace.

Vladimir, 65, told AFP: “Russia must be strong and powerful. There’s no other solution, or we will be crushed.”

The surprise 30-hour ceasefire was declared by Russian President Vladimir Putin, who said it was motivated by “humanitarian reasons”
AFP
Kyiv residents doubted peace was on the horizon more than three years since Russia launched its full-scale invasion of Ukraine
Kyiv residents doubted peace was on the horizon more than three years since Russia launched its full-scale invasion of Ukraine
AFP



Source link

Tags: AttacksEasterResumesRussiaTruceUkraine
Brand Post

Brand Post

I am an editor for IBW, focusing on business and entrepreneurship. I love uncovering emerging trends and crafting stories that inspire and inform readers about innovative ventures and industry insights.

Related Posts

Apple’s Bold New MacBook: A18 Pro Chip and Vibrant Colours
National

Apple’s Bold New MacBook: A18 Pro Chip and Vibrant Colours

February 16, 2026
Marjorie Taylor Greene Says MAGA Will Lose Women’s Votes Due To Handling Of Epstein Files Fallout: ‘Good Luck’
National

Marjorie Taylor Greene Says MAGA Will Lose Women’s Votes Due To Handling Of Epstein Files Fallout: ‘Good Luck’

February 16, 2026
Legendary Surfer Kurt Van Dyke Killed in Costa Rica During Home Invasion
National

Legendary Surfer Kurt Van Dyke Killed in Costa Rica During Home Invasion

February 16, 2026
Next Post
Pope Francis’s Delicate Ties With Politics In Argentina

Pope Francis's Delicate Ties With Politics In Argentina

China’s Cosco warns US levies risk upsetting global shipping

China’s Cosco warns US levies risk upsetting global shipping

Clerical Sex Abuse: Pope Francis’s Thorniest Challenge

Clerical Sex Abuse: Pope Francis's Thorniest Challenge

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ABOUT US

International Business Weekly is an American entertainment magazine. We cover business News & feature exclusive interviews with many notable figures

Copyright © 2026 - International Business Weekly

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • News
  • Business
  • Culture
  • National
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel

Copyright © 2024 - International Business Weekly

سایت کازینو,سایت کازینو انفجار,سایت انفجار هات بت,سایت حضرات ,بت خانه ,تاینی بت ,سیب بت ,ایس بت بدون فیلتر ,ماه بت ,دانلود اپلیکیشن دنس بت ,بازی انفجار دنس,ازا بت,ازا بت,اپلیکیشن هات بت,اپلیکیشن هات بت,عقاب بت,فیفا نود,شرط بندی سنگ کاغذ قیچی,bet90,bet90,سایت شرط بندی پاسور,بت لند,Bababet,Bababet,گلف بت,گلف بت,پوکر آنلاین,پاسور شرطی,پاسور شرطی,پاسور شرطی,پاسور شرطی,تهران بت,تهران بت,تهران بت,تخته نرد پولی,ناسا بت ,هزار بت,هزار بت,شهر بت,چهار برگ آنلاین,چهار برگ آنلاین,رد بت,رد بت,پنالتی بت,بازی انفجار حضرات,بازی انفجار حضرات,بازی انفجار حضرات,سبد ۷۲۴,بت 303,بت 303,شرط بندی پولی,بتکارت بدون فیلتر,بتکارت بدون فیلتر,بتکارت بدون فیلتر, بت تایم, سایت شرط بندی بدون نیاز به پول, یاس بت, بت خانه, Tatalbet, اپلیکیشن سیب بت, اپلیکیشن سیب بت, بت استار, پابلو بت, پیش بینی فوتبال, بت 45, سایت همسریابی پيوند, بت باز, بری بت, بازی انفجار رایگان, شير بت, رویال بت, بت فلاد, روما بت, پوکر ریور, تاس وگاس, بت ناب, بتکارت, سایت بت برو, سایت حضرات, سیب بت, پارس نود, ایس بت, سایت سیگاری بت, sigaribet, هات بت, سایت هات بت, سایت بت برو, بت برو, ماه بت, اوزابت | ozabet, تاینی بت | tinybet, بری بت | سایت بدون فیلتر بری بت, دنس بت بدون فیلتر, bet120 | سایت بت ۱۲۰, ace90bet | acebet90 | ac90bet, ثبت نام در سایت تک بت, سیب بت 90 بدون فیلتر, یاس بت | آدرس بدون فیلتر یاس بت, بازی انفجار دنس, بت خانه | سایت, بت تایم | bettime90, دانلود اپلیکیشن وان ایکس بت 1xbet بدون فیلتر و آدرس جدید, سایت همسریابی دائم و رایگان برای یافتن بهترین همسر و همدم, دانلود اپلیکیشن هات بت بدون فیلتر برای اندروید و لینک مستقیم, تتل بت - سایت شرط بندی بدون فیلتر, دانلود اپلیکیشن بت فوت - سایت شرط بندی فوت بت بدون فیلتر, سایت بت لند 90 و دانلود اپلیکیشن بت 90, سایت ناسا بت - nasabet, دانلود اپلیکیشن ABT90 - ثبت نام و ورود به سایت بدون فیلتر, https://planer4.com/, http://geduf.com/,, بازی انفجار, http://foreverliving-ar.com/, https://wediscusstech.com/, http://codesterlab.com/, https://www.9ja4u.com/, https://pimpurwhip.com/, http://nubti.com/, http://www.casinoherrald.com/, http://oigor.com/, http://coinjoin.art/, بازی مونتی