International Business Weekly
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • National
  • Culture
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • National
  • Culture
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
International Business Weekly
No Result
View All Result
Home National

Claudia Sheinbaum Says Talks Are Ongoing For Mexico To Mediate In U.S. And Cuba Conflict

February 19, 2026
in National
0
Claudia Sheinbaum Says Talks Are Ongoing For Mexico To Mediate In U.S. And Cuba Conflict
0
SHARES
1
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Mexican President Claudia Sheinbaum said talks are ongoing for her government to mediate in the conflict between the U.S. and Cuba as tensions remain high.

“It depends on both government, not only the will of the Mexican government,” Sheinbaum added during her daily press conference.

She went on to reiterate her opposition to regime change in the beleaguered Caribbean country, saying that “the only ones who can decide the government in Cuba are the Cuban people.”

“The only ones who can decide the government in Mexico are the Mexican people. There must be no invasions. It’s the people’s decision,” she added.

Sheinbaum has been seeking to provide support to Havana without sending oil, something that would trigger tariffs from the Trump administration. Days ago she offered the country as an air bridge to Cuba, saying planes can refuel on their way to the island.

“If Cuba asks, the conditions would be given, of course.” She went on to say that Havana would need to make a formal request.

Last week two navy ships docked in the island to deliver humanitarian aid. They carried over 800 tons of humanitarian aid, including milk, rice, beans, sardines, meat products, cookies, canned tuna and vegetable oil, as well as powdered milk and hygiene products.

Elsewhere, Secretary of State Marco Rubio has been holding secret talks with the grandson of Raul Castro about “the future” of Cuba, according to a new report.

Axios detailed that the talks with 41-year-old Raul Guillermo Rodriguez Castro are bypassing official channels and show that the Trump administration believes his grandfather is the decision maker in the country.

Rodriguez Castro is also seen as someone who represents a more business-oriented part of the regime who believe communism has failed and believe a rapprochement with the U.S. could be valuable.

“I wouldn’t call these ‘negotiations’ as much as ‘discussions’ about the future,” an official told the outlet. “The U.S. government’s position — is the regime has to go,” the official added. However, “what exactly that looks like is up to (President Donald Trump) and and he has yet to decide, and Rubio is still in talks with the grandson.”

Originally published on Latin Times



Source link

Tags: ClaudiaClaudia SheinbaumConflictCubaDonald TrumpMediateMexicoOngoingSheinbaumTalksU.SUnited States
Brand Post

Brand Post

I am an editor for IBW, focusing on business and entrepreneurship. I love uncovering emerging trends and crafting stories that inspire and inform readers about innovative ventures and industry insights.

Related Posts

Coca-Cola Bottler Faces Lawsuit From U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Over Female-Only Event
National

Coca-Cola Bottler Faces Lawsuit From U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Over Female-Only Event

February 19, 2026
Reese Heir Criticizes The Hershey Company for Alleged Shift From Milk Chocolate to Coatings
National

Reese Heir Criticizes The Hershey Company for Alleged Shift From Milk Chocolate to Coatings

February 19, 2026
Russia Urges U.S. To ‘Show Common Sense’ And ‘Abandon Its Plans For a Naval Blockade’ Of Cuba
National

Russia Urges U.S. To ‘Show Common Sense’ And ‘Abandon Its Plans For a Naval Blockade’ Of Cuba

February 19, 2026
Next Post
Russia Urges U.S. To ‘Show Common Sense’ And ‘Abandon Its Plans For a Naval Blockade’ Of Cuba

Russia Urges U.S. To 'Show Common Sense' And 'Abandon Its Plans For a Naval Blockade' Of Cuba

LTA awards two Downtown Line extension contracts worth S5 million

LTA awards two Downtown Line extension contracts worth S$735 million

Singapore stocks rise, tracking regional gains; STI up 1.3%

Singapore stocks rise, tracking regional gains; STI up 1.3%

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ABOUT US

International Business Weekly is an American entertainment magazine. We cover business News & feature exclusive interviews with many notable figures

Copyright © 2026 - International Business Weekly

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • News
  • Business
  • Culture
  • National
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel

Copyright © 2026 - International Business Weekly