International Business Weekly
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • National
  • Culture
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • National
  • Culture
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
International Business Weekly
No Result
View All Result
Home National

Google Allows Parler App Back Into Play Store

September 3, 2022
in National
0
Google Allows Parler App Back Into Play Store
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Google says that Parler social network has modified its Android app to better stop abusive posts that could lead to real world violence like the deadly attack on the US Capitol on January 6, 2021.

Google allowed social media network Parler back into its Play Store Friday, more than a year after banning the platform popular with conservatives in the wake of the insurrection at the US Capitol.

Google pulled the Parler app from its online marketplace just days after the deadly attack on the seat of US government on January 6, 2021, saying it had allowed “egregious content” that could incite more violence.

Parler had become a haven for far-right personalities who say they have been censored by other social media platforms such as Twitter.

The attack on the Capitol, incited in part by online misinformation and violent rhetoric on sites such as Parler, was carried out by far-right supporters of former president Donald Trump, who sought to overturn the results of the 2020 election which he lost to Joe Biden.

Parler was allowed back in the Play Store after meeting requirements regarding removing abusive posts and blocking users who break the app’s rules, according to Google.

“All apps on Google Play that feature user generated content are required to implement robust moderation practices that prohibit objectionable content,” a Google spokesperson said in response to an AFP inquiry.

“Apps are able to appear on Google Play provided they comply with Play’s developer policies.”

Parler agreed to abide by Play Store rules and modified its app for Android-powered mobile devices to comply with its policies, according to Google.

Versions of the Parler app tailored for iPhones or iPads were also banned at Apple’s App Store after the insurrection.

But they were put back on its virtual shelves last year after updates aimed at curbing incitements to violence, Apple said at the time.

Parler claimed to have more than 20 million users before being pulled from the Apple and Google online marketplaces.

Conservatives backing Trump’s bid to overturn his election loss sparked a migration to alternative social media sites whose lax moderation policies have allowed misinformation to flourish.

MEET IBT NEWS FROM BELOW CHANNELS

© Copyright AFP 2022. All rights reserved.



Source link

Tags: AppgoogleParlerPlayStore
Brand Post

Brand Post

I am an editor for IBW, focusing on business and entrepreneurship. I love uncovering emerging trends and crafting stories that inspire and inform readers about innovative ventures and industry insights.

Related Posts

Money Expert Reveals the One Financial Habit That Separates the Lower and Middle Class From the Upper Class
National

Money Expert Reveals the One Financial Habit That Separates the Lower and Middle Class From the Upper Class

February 18, 2026
Democrat Given Access to Unredacted Epstein Files Makes Bombshell Claim About Trump
National

Democrat Given Access to Unredacted Epstein Files Makes Bombshell Claim About Trump

February 18, 2026
Stanton Barrett on Embracing Fear and Positioning It As the Strategic Edge Separating Courage From Recklessness
National

Stanton Barrett on Embracing Fear and Positioning It As the Strategic Edge Separating Courage From Recklessness

February 18, 2026
Next Post
CVS In Advanced Talks To Buy Signify Health For About  Billion -source

CVS In Advanced Talks To Buy Signify Health For About $8 Billion -source

Bradley Cooper, Irina Shayk Thinking About Having More Kids: Report

Bradley Cooper, Irina Shayk Thinking About Having More Kids: Report

Thai Red Bull Heir Still At Large A Decade On From Fatal Ferrari Crash

Thai Red Bull Heir Still At Large A Decade On From Fatal Ferrari Crash

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ABOUT US

International Business Weekly is an American entertainment magazine. We cover business News & feature exclusive interviews with many notable figures

Copyright © 2026 - International Business Weekly

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • News
  • Business
  • Culture
  • National
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel

Copyright © 2026 - International Business Weekly