International Business Weekly
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • National
  • Culture
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • National
  • Culture
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
International Business Weekly
No Result
View All Result
Home National

Iran Meets Europeans But No Sign Of Sanctions Breakthrough

September 23, 2025
in National
0
Iran Meets Europeans But No Sign Of Sanctions Breakthrough
0
SHARES
1
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


European powers seeking to soon reimpose tough sanctions on Iran over its nuclear program met Tuesday with Tehran’s top diplomat, but there were no signs of compromise.

“Iran must never obtain a nuclear weapon,” German Foreign Minister Johann Wadephul told reporters before the meeting on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York.

But he added: “The chances of reaching a diplomatic solution before the sanctions go into effect are slim.”

Iran’s foreign ministry in a statement called the sanctions “unjustified and illegal.”

But it added without specifics: “It was agreed that consultations with all parties involved would continue.”

Iran’s foreign minister has until the end of Saturday to reach a deal with his British, French, German and EU counterparts to avoid the reinstatement of UN sanctions, which had been suspended under a deal signed in 2015.

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi met in New York with his counterparts from the three European powers as well as EU foreign policy chief Kaja Kallas.

Iran and the Europeans blame one another for the failure of diplomatic efforts to reach a new agreement on Tehran’s nuclear program, long a rancorous sticking point between the two sides.

European countries and the United States suspect the Iranian government of seeking to acquire an atomic bomb. Tehran has vigorously denied that, insisting it has a right to civilian nuclear energy.

Israel in June carried out a major military campaign against Iranian nuclear sites, with President Donald Trump joining by ordering US warplanes to drop bombs on key targets.

The Trump administration, which had long pushed for the reimposition of sanctions, has voiced a willingness to hold talks with Iran, which doubts Washington’s sincerity.

IAEA Director-General Rafael Grossi told AFP on Monday that US envoy Steve Witkoff was exploring different ways of communicating with Iran, without specifying further details.

The United States has not commented on any contact with Iran in New York.

Trump, addressing the UN General Assembly, contended that US warplanes succeeded in “totally obliterating” Iranian nuclear sites.

“My position, it’s very simple. The world’s number-one sponsor of terror can never be allowed to possess the most dangerous weapon,” Trump said.

The European side has set three conditions to extend the sanction relief period to allow more time for negotiations on a comprehensive treaty.

They include the resumption of direct negotiations without preconditions, full access for International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) inspectors to Iranian nuclear sites, and accurate information on the location of enriched materials.

The European side believes that none of the conditions have been met.

Tehran accuses the European powers of exerting political pressure that undermines negotiations and claims to have produced a “balanced” proposal, the details of which have not been disclosed.



Source link

Tags: BreakthroughEuropeansIranMeetsSanctionsSign
Brand Post

Brand Post

I am an editor for IBW, focusing on business and entrepreneurship. I love uncovering emerging trends and crafting stories that inspire and inform readers about innovative ventures and industry insights.

Related Posts

What’s Next for Andrew After His Arrest? UK Government Weighs Plans to Strip Him of Succession Rights
National

What’s Next for Andrew After His Arrest? UK Government Weighs Plans to Strip Him of Succession Rights

February 21, 2026
Camila Cabello speaks out on humanitarian crisis in Cuba, urges support for Caritas
National

Camila Cabello speaks out on humanitarian crisis in Cuba, urges support for Caritas

February 21, 2026
GOP Rep. Gimenez Slams Chilean President Boric For ‘Undermining U.S. Policy By Supporting Cuba’s Murderous Dictatorship’
National

GOP Rep. Gimenez Slams Chilean President Boric For ‘Undermining U.S. Policy By Supporting Cuba’s Murderous Dictatorship’

February 21, 2026
Next Post
Scheffler Expects Trump Visit To Boost USA At Ryder Cup

Scheffler Expects Trump Visit To Boost USA At Ryder Cup

Emmanuel Macron Left Embarrassed as He Calls Trump for Help after His Motorcade Is Stopped by Cops, Forcing Him to Walk Through NYC

Emmanuel Macron Left Embarrassed as He Calls Trump for Help after His Motorcade Is Stopped by Cops, Forcing Him to Walk Through NYC

‘Greatest Con Job Ever’: Trump Trashes Climate Science At UN

'Greatest Con Job Ever': Trump Trashes Climate Science At UN

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ABOUT US

International Business Weekly is an American entertainment magazine. We cover business News & feature exclusive interviews with many notable figures

Copyright © 2026 - International Business Weekly

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • News
  • Business
  • Culture
  • National
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel

Copyright © 2026 - International Business Weekly