International Business Weekly
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • National
  • Culture
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • National
  • Culture
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
International Business Weekly
No Result
View All Result
Home National

Israel Agrees To Resume Gaza Truce Talks Next Week

August 9, 2024
in National
0
Israel Agrees To Resume Gaza Truce Talks Next Week
0
SHARES
2
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Israel has agreed to resume Gaza ceasefire talks on August 15 at the demand of US, Qatari and Egyptian mediators, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said on Thursday, as regional tensions skyrocket over the war.

Gaza’s Hamas-controlled civil defence agency said Israeli bombardment killed more than 18 people in strikes on two schools on Thursday, as Iran accused Israel of wanting to spread war in the Middle East.

After a week-long pause in November, US, Qatari and Egyptian mediators have endeavoured to secure a second truce in the 10-month-old war sparked by Hamas’s unprecedented October 7 attack on Israel.

In a joint statement on Thursday, the three countries’ leaders invited the warring parties to resume talks on August 15 in Doha or Cairo “to close all remaining gaps and commence implementation of the deal without further delay”.

A framework agreement was “now on the table, with only the details of implementation” left to conclude, and the mediators were “prepared to present a final bridging proposal” to resolve remaining issues, they said.

Netanyahu’s office said later Thursday Israel would send a negotiating team on August 15 “to the agreed place to conclude the details of implementing a deal”.

A prospective cessation of hostilities also involving the release of hostages held in Gaza and scaled-up aid deliveries has centred around a phased deal beginning with an initial truce.

Recent discussions have focused on a framework outlined by US President Joe Biden in late May which he said had been proposed by Israel.

“It’s not like the agreement’s going to be ready to sign on Thursday. There’s still a significant amount of work to do,” a senior Biden administration official said of the talks that come after calls between Biden and the Egyptian and Qatari leaders this week.

Israel had been “very receptive” to the idea of the talks, the official told reporters on condition of anonymity, rejecting suggestions that Netanyahu was stalling on a deal.

The announcement of the talks came after Hamas named Yahya Sinwar — the alleged mastermind of the October 7 attack — as its new leader, sparking fears the torturous negotiations have become even more difficult.

On the ground in Gaza, the Hamas-controlled civil defence agency said Israeli strikes hit Al-Zahra and Abdel Fattah Hamoud schools in Gaza City, killing more than 18 people.

Senior agency official Mohammad al-Mughayyir said 60 people were wounded and more than 40 still missing.

“This is a clear targeting of schools and safe civilian facilities in the Gaza Strip,” he said.

The Israeli military said the schools housed Hamas command centres.

At least 13 people were killed elsewhere in Gaza, rescuers and medics reported, as the Israeli military issued its latest evacuation order, for parts of the main southern city of Khan Yunis.

Diplomats pressed efforts to defuse tensions in the region, sky-high after the killing of two top militant leaders in attacks blamed on Israel that the militants and their Iranian backers have vowed to avenge.

Iran’s acting foreign minister, Ali Bagheri, told AFP that Israel had committed “a strategic mistake” by killing Hamas’s political leader Ismail Haniyeh in Tehran last week — hours after the assassination in Beirut of Hezbollah’s military chief.

Although Israel has not admitted to killing Haniyeh, Iran and its allies have vowed to retaliate.

Israel seeks “to expand tension, war and conflict to other countries”, but has neither “the capacity nor the strength” to fight Iran, Bagheri said.

Netanyahu, speaking at a military base on Wednesday, said Israel was “prepared both defensively and offensively” and “determined” to defend itself.

Officials in the Middle East and beyond have called for calm, with Britain’s minister for international development, Anneliese Dodds, telling AFP on a visit to Jordan: “We must see a de-escalation.”

The United States, which has sent extra warships and jets to the region, has urged both Iran and Israel to avoid an escalation.

France’s President Emmanuel Macron spoke Wednesday with his Iranian counterpart Masoud Pezeshkian and later with Israel’s Netanyahu, telling both to “avoid a cycle of reprisals”, according to the French presidency.

The Israel-Hamas war in the Gaza Strip has already drawn in Tehran-aligned militants in Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Yemen.

Lebanese Hamas ally Hezbollah, which has traded near-daily cross-border fire with Israeli troops throughout the Gaza war, has vowed retaliation for military chief Fuad Shukr’s killing.

The unprecedented Hamas attack that triggered the war in Gaza resulted in the deaths of 1,198 people, mostly civilians, according to an AFP tally based on Israeli official figures.

Palestinian militants seized 251 hostages, 111 of whom are still held in Gaza, including 39 the Israeli military says are dead.

Israel’s retaliatory military campaign in Gaza has killed at least 39,699 people, according to the Hamas-run territory’s health ministry, which does not give details of civilian and militant deaths.

Netanyahu, who has resisted making an apology for security failures over Israel’s worst-ever attack, said in an interview published Thursday that he was “sorry, deeply, that something like this happened”.



Source link

Tags: AgreesBenjamin NetanyahuGazaGaza truce talksIsraelResumeTalksTruceWeek
Brand Post

Brand Post

I am an editor for IBW, focusing on business and entrepreneurship. I love uncovering emerging trends and crafting stories that inspire and inform readers about innovative ventures and industry insights.

Related Posts

Russia Trying to ‘Drag Out’ Negotiations After Wednesday Talks Come to Abrupt End, Zelensky Claims
National

Russia Trying to ‘Drag Out’ Negotiations After Wednesday Talks Come to Abrupt End, Zelensky Claims

February 18, 2026
Warren Buffett’s Eyebrow-Raising Stock Purchase Revealed As Berkshire Hathaway Trims Apple Shares
National

Warren Buffett’s Eyebrow-Raising Stock Purchase Revealed As Berkshire Hathaway Trims Apple Shares

February 18, 2026
62-Year-Old With .5M Is Too Scared to Retire — Here’s Why and What Dave Ramsey Says
National

62-Year-Old With $3.5M Is Too Scared to Retire — Here’s Why and What Dave Ramsey Says

February 18, 2026
Next Post
Samsung recalls 1 million stoves that started 250 fires and killed pets

Samsung recalls 1 million stoves that started 250 fires and killed pets

Noah Lyles Reveals His Olympics 2024 Is Over as He Is Wheeled Off Tracks after Winning Bronze in 200m Without Disclosing Others He Has Covid

Noah Lyles Reveals His Olympics 2024 Is Over as He Is Wheeled Off Tracks after Winning Bronze in 200m Without Disclosing Others He Has Covid

Bitcoin bounces back above US,000 as Asian stocks rebound

Bitcoin bounces back above US$60,000 as Asian stocks rebound

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ABOUT US

International Business Weekly is an American entertainment magazine. We cover business News & feature exclusive interviews with many notable figures

Copyright © 2026 - International Business Weekly

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • News
  • Business
  • Culture
  • National
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel

Copyright © 2024 - International Business Weekly

سایت کازینو,سایت کازینو انفجار,سایت انفجار هات بت,سایت حضرات ,بت خانه ,تاینی بت ,سیب بت ,ایس بت بدون فیلتر ,ماه بت ,دانلود اپلیکیشن دنس بت ,بازی انفجار دنس,ازا بت,ازا بت,اپلیکیشن هات بت,اپلیکیشن هات بت,عقاب بت,فیفا نود,شرط بندی سنگ کاغذ قیچی,bet90,bet90,سایت شرط بندی پاسور,بت لند,Bababet,Bababet,گلف بت,گلف بت,پوکر آنلاین,پاسور شرطی,پاسور شرطی,پاسور شرطی,پاسور شرطی,تهران بت,تهران بت,تهران بت,تخته نرد پولی,ناسا بت ,هزار بت,هزار بت,شهر بت,چهار برگ آنلاین,چهار برگ آنلاین,رد بت,رد بت,پنالتی بت,بازی انفجار حضرات,بازی انفجار حضرات,بازی انفجار حضرات,سبد ۷۲۴,بت 303,بت 303,شرط بندی پولی,بتکارت بدون فیلتر,بتکارت بدون فیلتر,بتکارت بدون فیلتر, بت تایم, سایت شرط بندی بدون نیاز به پول, یاس بت, بت خانه, Tatalbet, اپلیکیشن سیب بت, اپلیکیشن سیب بت, بت استار, پابلو بت, پیش بینی فوتبال, بت 45, سایت همسریابی پيوند, بت باز, بری بت, بازی انفجار رایگان, شير بت, رویال بت, بت فلاد, روما بت, پوکر ریور, تاس وگاس, بت ناب, بتکارت, سایت بت برو, سایت حضرات, سیب بت, پارس نود, ایس بت, سایت سیگاری بت, sigaribet, هات بت, سایت هات بت, سایت بت برو, بت برو, ماه بت, اوزابت | ozabet, تاینی بت | tinybet, بری بت | سایت بدون فیلتر بری بت, دنس بت بدون فیلتر, bet120 | سایت بت ۱۲۰, ace90bet | acebet90 | ac90bet, ثبت نام در سایت تک بت, سیب بت 90 بدون فیلتر, یاس بت | آدرس بدون فیلتر یاس بت, بازی انفجار دنس, بت خانه | سایت, بت تایم | bettime90, دانلود اپلیکیشن وان ایکس بت 1xbet بدون فیلتر و آدرس جدید, سایت همسریابی دائم و رایگان برای یافتن بهترین همسر و همدم, دانلود اپلیکیشن هات بت بدون فیلتر برای اندروید و لینک مستقیم, تتل بت - سایت شرط بندی بدون فیلتر, دانلود اپلیکیشن بت فوت - سایت شرط بندی فوت بت بدون فیلتر, سایت بت لند 90 و دانلود اپلیکیشن بت 90, سایت ناسا بت - nasabet, دانلود اپلیکیشن ABT90 - ثبت نام و ورود به سایت بدون فیلتر, https://planer4.com/, http://geduf.com/,, بازی انفجار, http://foreverliving-ar.com/, https://wediscusstech.com/, http://codesterlab.com/, https://www.9ja4u.com/, https://pimpurwhip.com/, http://nubti.com/, http://www.casinoherrald.com/, http://oigor.com/, http://coinjoin.art/, بازی مونتی